How to Make a Serious Injury Claim
Serious injuries have an immediate and catastrophic impact on the injured person and their loved ones – and it is not something that is possible to anticipate. A serious injury is both emotionally and financially draining for those involved as they try to tread the difficult path of regaining some semblance of normality. At Thompsons, we understand this, and we have supported hundreds of clients through some of the most trying times in their lives.
When the worst happens you and your family deserve the very best support available
Thompsons has some of the most experienced serious injury lawyers in the UK ready to step in to support you and your family when you need it most.
Throughout our history, since 1921, we have only ever acted for the victims of serious injury, never for insurers or employers. Our commitment to you enables us to focus completely on helping you return to living your life as fully as you can, in the shortest timescale possible.
We litigate the most serious of cases and successfully pursue cases that other lawyers turn down. We will go as far as it is possible to go to succeed in your case and we always litigate to the highest of standards.
We have a team of client support coordinators who help with things such as claiming benefits and adjustments in the home and who are on hand to support you before funding has even been secured.
The first step is for the injured person or, if they are unable to represent themselves, a family member to get in touch with us to start a serious injury claim. We can be reached on our freephone helpline on 0800 0 224 224 and you will be directly transferred to a serious injury lawyer. We are also happy to provide you with a second opinion on an existing case.
To make a successful claim for compensation, we need to prove that someone else was to blame for your accident and injuries. Even if the evidence collected shows you were partly to blame, you may still have a valid claim if we can prove someone else was also at fault.
Our serious injury lawyers have worked with clients who have suffered a serious injury as a result of accidents at work, road traffic accidents, clinical negligence, accidents in public places and assaults and attacks.
We will secure interim payments throughout the case to help ease the financial burden on your family.
To protect your interests, we will issue the case at the earliest possible opportunity and secure necessary medical evidence for your claim and to support your rehabilitation. At all times, we will be looking for opportunities to conclude your case on the best possible terms.
How Thompsons is here to support you throughout the serious injury claims process:
We are here to support you every step of the way throughout the claims process; we will help you to:
- Access funding for your claim. This may be via membership of a union held by yourself or a family member, but could also be by securing insurance to protect you financially during the case
- Understand your immediate treatment options fully by translating often complex and alien medical terminology
- Access the very best rehabilitation support available at the point of discharge from hospital and beyond - helping you find the right treatment pathway for your specific needs
- Navigate other proceedings which may arise from your accident, such as Health and Safety Executive investigations or necessary police procedures (we have a specialist in-house criminal law team to hand)
- Ensure your family has the support they need while you are on your recovery journey; we understand that serious injury affects more than the injured person and we consider the entire family throughout
- Litigate your case and securing interim payments as needed to support both your recovery and your family’s needs
- Appoint deputies or trustees to help with financial planning, protecting your ability to continue to claim for means-tested benefits for life as needed
- Search for, purchase and adapt alternative accommodation if your existing home is no longer suitable
- Adapt or change your vehicle to suit your needs
- Return to work if possible, or finding alternative work if needed. If neither is possible, we will seek to secure your loss of earnings for life
- Explore the latest technologies to support and assist you in gaining independence
- Explore new leisure activities and planning for holidays
- Put a plan for life in place that will give you and your family as full a life as possible post injury
Are you ready to make a serious injury claim?
If you are ready to start the serious injury claims process, call us for free on 0800 0 224 224. Alternatively, visit our serious injury claims page for more information.